3K views

My phone service with T-mobile cancelled & ported to another provider on 8/12/10 billing date was 8/8/10 4+ days into the month and this month I've received another bill for full month bill I've contacted T-mobile and complaint about this, they have indicated there is nothing they can do that is just the way T-mobile charging their customer or ex-customer per company's policy.T-mobile should have just charged me for 5 days instead of full month billing & I was on unlimited loyalty plan + web. they have also charged me $20 for a new sim card when calls kept dropping out on my cell phone, I've been with T-mobile nearly 5 years, I just wanna put the words out so that everyone who reads this will know, T-mobile I will never ever use your service again!!! and you'll also loose 3 more lines with my brother's family when their contract expires...

Review about: Tmobile Phone Plan.

Had an Experience with Tmobile?

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #1236827

T-MOBILE SUCKS! PERIOD!

Rancho Cordova, California, United States #1209916

i switched to sprint from tmobil on july 9th.everything transferred ok.

the end of my bill cycle for which it was due was also the 9th. i paid that bill early, plus i paid a phone off before switching. tmobil kept billing me over the next month. how can i be billed when i dont habe a number.

i expect an equip fee due on one phone.which was like 120.

#1192630

I cancelled 24 April 2016 and they charged me for 24 April to 25 May!!!Got the problem resolved though and here's what happened: T-Mobile does have all of their terms and conditions listed from previous year so figure out which one you would have signed.

I found out I signed on Oct 13, 2013 so I didn't fall under the terms effective for October 20, 210- instead I fell under the one for Dec 30, 2011. Section 3 talks about owing the entire new bill cycle but you are exempted if you're a month to month customer. Whereas the latest terms and conditions for 2016 talk about T-Mobile being the un carrier and if you are in any bill cycle and cancel service you're liable for the entire bill cycle. Since I was month to month under previous terms and conditions, I was exempted.

I had to call in, got transferred 3 times and the last guy I talked to said he'd waive 50% of the cost. I told him I wasn't looking to get a handout, I just didn't understand why I was being charged for a full month cycle that I didn't use since I fell under the old terms.

He looked again and waived the bill.A headache but worth the $220.

How did that turn out?

Anaheim, California, United States #1091376

Yep that just happened to me too.We've been customers for 15 years.

We are 7 days into our month but have to pay for the full month. I too will NEVER go back to T Mobile.

First there coverage is not as good as Verizon and AT&T and this last zing didn't make me happy.It seems to me that everyone that has this experience will also be left angry so they are going to lose customers.

San Francisco, California, United States #937968

I had the same issue with ATT. I don't see how this is legal.

zawmintu10

I have the same problem.I have to leave T-mobile due to my work place doesn't have good signal.

I never have any problem with T-mobile until now they are trying to cheat me off. When my account applied in only one day of my cycle, but they charged me a full cycle. First of all, it is T-mobile agent fault to cause my cancellation ended in my new cycle. My contract end in July 28th, so i want to make sure my contract is end and my new services can transfer at July 29th...due to bad services of T-mobile delayed my cancellation until August 2nd, this is when my new cycle started.

So, i think they did this on purpose to charge me another full. In the future if T-mobile signal getting better, i wouldn't come back at all. I been with T-mobile for at least 10 years, never expect T-mobile would do something like to any of us.

After i read all these comments, now i know.Think before you do the decision.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #837477

I just posted my number from tmobile to Verizon.I had to leave tmobile because I had no coverage at my job.

I was one day into the new billing cycle when I left tmobile. I got the bill for $112. that's right $112 for 1 day of service!! You have got to be kidding me.

I called them, they refused to take the charges off. Why don't they prorate like the utility companies and cable companies do? I know why....because tmobile has poor business practices. I wont be paying this bill.

I filed a complaint with the better business bureau.We will see how this turns out.

I had this happen to me recently and thanks to all the posts in this thread and other forums, I managed to get my bill reduced to the "pro-rated" amount, before I canceled mid-cycle.

Still, I think it's a shame and disappointing that T-Mobile would put such a clause in their contract.

It's sneaky, and a poor business practice to bill your customers for unused service!!!

I was their customer for 10 years and had nothing but good things to say about them until now.This has left a sour taste in my mouth and I would never recommend T-Mobile to any of my friends or family again.

Edmond, Oklahoma, United States #822067

They did the same to me 3 days into my following billing cycle, and claimed it was a "number portability fee". I told them it was a bloody sham and threatened to file suit if they sent it to collections. After about three months of steady screaming, they finally dropped the whole affair.