Coverage Area
Style and Design

Tmobile's Program where they pay off your phone from another carrier is a total scam!Brought in my IPhone5, switching over from Verizon.

Guy sells me the whole package, I go on the site to get reimbursement, I get a letter 4 weeks later telling me I'm not eligible. I call back and inquire as to why. I am told that it was because I had a small crack in my screen. I argued that if that were the case and my phone was no good then why did the guy sell me the plan?

They finally agreed to honor the reimbursement. However when they give you money for your phone it's in the form of a gift card. A gift card by the way that many restaurants don't accept. I waited 10 weeks and still no card.

I finally call back and they tell me it's on the way. I wait another 11 days and call back AGAIN, the guy says he'll expedite it to me for $25 !! I reluctantly agree just to get the card so I can pay off the other phone. I get the card I call the number to activate it....It's NO GOOD.

The guy who charged me the $25 canceled the 1st card that was on the way and never told me!! I finally get my card that works. I owed $471 on my Iphone5 w/ Verizon. The card TMobile sent me?.....$255 !!!!

I called back to find out what the *** is going on and I'm told "At the store they determine what your phone is worth so in your case they said it was worth $191 so they took that off the $471 you owed and then minus the $25 to have it expedited and you get the $255". I asked "Who determines the price of the phone I turned in?" "We don't know.

They do it at the store was the response I got." So it took me 4 months to find out that an IPhone6 that was less than a year old is only worth $191 to TMobile and that their entire program and operation is a scam!Do yourself a favor and stay FAR AWAY!

Review about: Apple Iphone 5 Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Tmobile?

Comments

Riverside, California, United States #1289768

They're doing the same thing to us with two iPhone 6 Plus with High gigs saying now they're only worth 155 when they promise at 650 it is a total scam and lies they owe us $1400 in port over credits +650+650 for the phones

neurodoc
New York, New York, United States #1289444

We had a very similar issue, but unlike you, our phones were never in fact, paid off, as T-Mobile had once promised. Waited and waited and did not hear a thing. Eventually told T Mobile "adios!" They are up there with Sprint in being by far the worst cellular providers.