On or about June 1st, I was looking to switch phone service from Verizon.I called T-Mobile and talked with a sales representative.

I let her know what I was looking for and what I had. I asked specifically twice about bringing my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from Verizon to T-Mobile. I just bought this phone for over $700 and it is in perfect condition. She stated there would be no issues and the phone would work fine on T-Mobile.

I also bought a new Samsung Galaxy S7 from T-Mobile for my wife. We went with two lines on the One Plan and added One-Plus to my phone. I was told it would take a couple of hours to port my number over to T-Mobile. After a day went by, I called and then they told me it could take up to 24 hours.

I called the next day then they said it could a a few days to port over. I called again three days later and then they informed me they could not log onto Verizon with the pass word. I gave it to them again and they finally got my phone ported over. It took three days.

One of the first issues was Voicemail. I was told I had to dial 123 to access VM instead of just pressing a button like Verizon. Next issue was MMS messages, I cannot reply or send MMS messages. I talked with the technical team at least 6 times.

I reconfigured the phone multiple times per the instructions. It was escalated at least 3 times. I was told to expect a call back on 3 different occasion and never received a call or follow up. I was informed that some functions would not work as this was a Verizon phone!

I told them I was assured there would be no issues when switched. They told me to buy a T-Mobile phone. More on this later On T-Mobile, the system does not recognize my device. I was told this could take up to two billing cycles to resolve.

With this issue, I cannot get any system updates. When I was traveling, the phone would not connect to data so I had to reboot. This happens all the time. I was told this was due to this being a Verizon Phone.

Again, I told them I was told a Verizon phone would not be an issue. They stated that they should not have told me that and the internals are not compatible. They suggested I buy a T-Mobile phone. Every time I phone a contact, it adds a 1 prefix to the existing number.

I have to edit every contact and remove the 1 prefix I already have. I called again about this and they stated this was due to this being a Verizon Phone. They suggested I buy a T-Mobile phone, again I told them I was told this was not an issue and I could use by Verizon phone. Back to the MMS issue, this has been going on for over a month.

They told me they did everything they could and cannot resolve this issue. Again, telling me to buy a T-Mobile phone. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they would call me within a couple of hours. I never received a call back.

I called them and finally spoke to a supervisor and they said they cannot fix this and I should not have been told that the Verizon phone would be OK. They told me to buy a T-Mobile phone. I said NO because I was told this phone would work and stated this was sales fraud, he agreed and told me to buy a T-Mobile phone. I asked to speak to his supervisor or someone that could help, he told me expect a call back.

I never got one. I call the corporate number and was routed to a call center in Kansas. The girl acknowledged they have had issues with the Verizon Samsung S7 Edge phones and they I should buy one. They offered me a used Samsung S7 for $284.

At this point I was about ready to break down. They stated they would give a trade-in for my current phone for $170. Again, I told them that T-Mobile lied to me about my phone working perfectly and they should make this right by sending me a comparable phone. They had admitted on multiple occasions they should not have told me this during the sales call and I would have to buy a new phone.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told he was out to lunch and I should get a call back within a few hours.

I never received a call back.At this point I am left with a few options: -Switch all lines back to Verizon oNo, I would have to get a new phone for my wife -Switch my line back to Verizon oThe cost of a single plan on two networks is very expensive -Buy a T-Mobile Phone oNO I would be losing a lot of money for an inferior phone plus all the cases I already have for the 7 Edge -File a complaint to the BBB, FCC -Sue T-Mobile in Small Claims Court -Get a law firm involved in a class-action lawsuit as I am positive I am not the only one that has been deceived by T-Mobile

Review about: Tmobile Mobile Phone Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Tmobile?

Comments