Show reviews that mention
phone service customer service customer bill contract account store plan phones
Filter review

Tmobile - T Mobile no coverage in area won't release contract

T Mobile does not have network coverage in the area in which I live and conduct business. The cell phone coverage works only from my home address. I am in Real Estate and purchased T Mobile service for the price. I was told that coverage was GREAT in my area. My area is Tyler, Texas pop. 120K +. They will not release me from my 1 yr. contract but offered me an option to pay T Mobile $200.00 for a release of my contract. They do not provide service- yet I pay? SORRY!!! I certainly cannot get away with that in my business. Shame on them- I am taking every opportunity in dealing with the public to let them know how sorry T Mobile conducts business. There end of the contract is only to collect money. They do not provide me with area coverage and have told me that they do not have plans to enhance this area with coverage in the future. What a scam!!! If I had any extra money- I would sick lawyers on them ! T Mobile in Tyler ,Texas does not work and they will put you under contract, bill you, and provide you with no network coverage. Robin Kelly,Realtor®

If you write either the local Attorney General or the FCC, you will likely get out of your contract if you have a legit complaint.

DO IT.

I filed on both and they let me out.

same story here im not happy with the services and i dont want to pay $200 dollars

Robin K

T Mobile does not provide coverage in my area, yet will not release me from the 1 year contract. Area is Tyler, Texas.

I was assured that the coverage was GREAT in this area. All I get is OUT OF NETWORK.

T Mobile provides no service- yet expects me to pay a $200.00 release fee to terminate my contract.

How can they get away with this?

Tyler, Texas

Tmobile - T- Mobile

I've been a t mobile customer for almost 8 yrs in November and honestly imp fed up with them. They are no help their associates as well as managers are really rude and they don't live up to their responsibilities. Every company believes that their customers are always right and if they aren't they at lease try to make sure that they are satisfied. November of 2007 my t mobile pink razor phone went out (the screen went black) I called t mobile and informed them about the problem they told me to send them my old phone and they would sent me a new one which would only be 15 dollars because I hadn't had my phone for a yr. so I paid the 15 dollars with my visa credit card over the phone w/one of the reps, she wasn't rude she was pretty helpful and very sweet. She told me that I would be receiving the new phone within 5-7 business days, which was fine. So I finally received the phone and followed the directions that the associate gave me which was to take the phone to a UPS store and send it in with in 14 days. I sent the phone in on the 8th day and that very day I received a call from t mobile asking did the I send the phone in I then told the rep that the phone was already in the mail and they should be receiving it within a few days. He said that’s fine and good luck with the new phone Miss. ***** I said thanks and hung up. So in Feb. 2008 I received my telephone bill just I would any other month except this bill had an account BAL of about 500 dollars. I was pissed because I had just paid almost 200 for the bill the month before. So I immediately called the phone company (t-Mobile) I called them almost every day and spoke with so many different associates until I realized that they weren't able to help me @ all. So I went to a few supervisors with the issue. “My phone bill is 500.00 and I just paid the bill last month, whets going on? They told me that they never received the old phone and they charged me the full balance for the phone ( when they sent me the new phone all it was the phone no back, no new battery, no new sim card, no new charger, no ear piece, nothing but the phone) So I was really upset. I asked them would it be fine if I pay the bill and the credit my money to my account. They told me NO- they never got the phone @ all. So now imp really upset. What you mean you never received the phone I took the phone to UPS as I was told and they gave me a receipt. T mobile told ME that I would have to look into the situation, I was very upset because now this is their problem they didn't do a thing. I went to the UPS store twice and they never had my phone. When they finally did find the package they exchanged my receipt and I didn't think of it at the time but they had put FEB's date on it making it look like I had just turned the package in. I wasted 500.00 and so much gas, time and mins trying to find out what was going on. I never had a late bill with t mobile and my phone has never been cut off. I feel like as a very valued cust of t mobile they could have done a little more. they could have notified me that they never got the phone, are called are anything (THEY HAVE THE NUMBER) but they didn't what they did was waited until the 30 days was up (because you have up to 30 days to return the product before they make you pay for it) but instead they just hit me with a 500.00 bill. The managers were very rude and not helpful at all. This one manager I think his name was Robert or Rob or something like that, he was suppose to text my phone after a few days (after he talked to the UPS store) he never texted. T mobile is full of ***, so the *** with them and everybody @ t mobile can go to ***.

Clearly you are upset with the wrong people. If you dropped your package off on time with UPS using the return tracking label T-mobile sent to you then UPS is the problem.

Since UPS scans the packages they take when they take them from you there should be record of the the package being accepted by UPS on the day you dropped it off. Yes...T-Mobile does request that you return your defective handset to them within 7 days of receiving your replacement phone but you are not billed a restocking fee until 30 days has past and that fee can be waived up till 60 days after the exchange order was placed. I suspect you failed to return your handset on time and you want to lay blame on someone other than yourself.

Two months to return a defective phone? If you can't get it back by then...just pay your bill and quit whining.

Ha! You only have 7 days to return the phone so you *** up by waiting till the 8th day.

View more comments (1)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Product
Tmobile Sim Card

TMOBILE----Customer Care????? Is what they call themselves

After purchasing a Blackberry Pearl for about $340 in mid-November 2007, the phone stopped taking a charge in February 2008. They sent me a replacement phone and the same problem happened within 2 weeks. Finally, a 3rd phone came with a new battery and a new charger.....this lasted for 3 days. Finally, fed up, with the Peal, i did an even exchange because they wouldn't credit my account for the $340 that I basically flushed down the toilet. On a Wednesday, they told me they would send me a brand new phone, the Dash and that I would receive it by Friday. It is now Tuesday and I received a phone call from a rep who told me that even though I pID $200 on my bill there was still a fee of $18 and would be unable to send my phone until that was paid...did they not now this when they said they were sending out the Dash......i had to go buy a phone from Best Buy because i couldn't be without a phone all this long.

We dont need tmobil when there are more phone providers out there. I myself will gladly pay the price for verizon.

Rather than put up with the lies and deceitful people at tmobil. I cant wajit till im gone.t mobil just dont care period.

*Is not Tmobile employees/the company that put the phones together.

First of all, anyone who talks *** about a company they have worked for was obviously very unsuccessful in the company. T-Mobile is outstanding.

Now from the customer perspective it would feel annoying to have an expensive phone keep messing up. Let me give you something to think about. First of all- T-Mobile does not manufacture phones. They purchase them from companies like RIM (who sell blackberrys) Samsung, Nokia Motorola, etc.

Yes you got hte phone through tmobile, and its having problems. Even in the initial complaint you can see T-mobile does what they can. You bought a phone which had some problems, they did several exchanges for you, Once you have done a few exchanges- the "multiple" exchange gives you a brand new phone- which in this article you claimed was the Dash. Can you not see that T-mobile is trying to help you with the problems.

Technology is technology it will not be perfect 100 % of the time, although we do not want your equipment to have issues- its not gauranteed. So before you blame the cell phone company realise it was tmobile employees or their company that actually put that phone together- and that they are workign hard to make sure you get a phone that works!!!!!!

yes my text messaging is disabled and i've emailed called sooooo many times and still, they dont frickin answer wat the *** is wrong with this godamned picture. btw it's (shi)t-mobile not just t-mobile :(

I agree, tmobile has become horrible with their customer service over the last 2-3 years. They used to fix what they screwed up, but now they just expect you to deal with it!

They know you have no options: Sprint has horrible coverage; Alltell drops calls left and right; Verizon/at&t is EXPENSIVE!

I worked for t-mobile and trust me.. you'll have to go through congress to even have a charge consider be removed, they dont care about their customers for the obvious reason that there are so many who will replace you..

the ads keep running, more new accounts come in.. a low percentage of complaints and cancels does nothing to them, its corporate america..

if anything all your complaint letters do is teach them how to better deal with your anger and figure out another way to address your problem with the end result of them not having to refund you yet keep you as a customer, dont believe the smiles and lies, bottom line, you need them more than they need you. And thats nothing but the truth!!

Andrea S

View more comments (6)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Tmobile Customer Service is a SCAM

I have been a customer of Tmobile for over 3 years. Some months I have paid over $200 in monthly fees. I heard of a program they do not advertise; 3000 min regional only (I live in New England, so it includes all of NE). The cost was $59.99/mon. Same price but more minutes (my plan was national). When I called I explained I use mobile to mobile for work and asked if it was part of this plan as well as free nights and weekends. The customer service LIAR assured me it was. After receiving my first bill, I was charged $200 more for going over the 3000 minutes. I noticed it was the mobile to mobile minutes. When I called the customer service thieves, the CS manager basically told me it was over 30 days TOO BAD! I told her if this was the case I was going to drop tmobile. She told me they didn't care and that I would have to pay to get out of the contract. I told her the contract had expired and I was month to month. She finally agreed that was the case. I asked her if she cared at all that I would leave tmobile and she replied "it doesn't bother me". Basically, Tmobile is a total scam. There customer service reps are well trained to scam their clients. ***, I'm leaving you, I'm cancelling my wife's and daughter's plans with you. Oh, did I mention I run a sales department that uses tmobile. Kiss that business good bye also.

I dont believe that you guys can be so dumb... when I knew about this site then i thought of registering..

and I did it.. later I started receiving mails from all the chicks who were really desparate to get in touch with me.. I tried to reply them by I couldnt as I have to buy the membership.. I wanted to check if this site was genuine..

so what I did is much appreciated.. I updated my profile with my personal ID stating that I you you are really interested then mail me on my personal ID... Do U think I received any email on my personal ID ??????

Ha Ha !! Keep Guessing...

asd

Julian H

I recently acquired a T-mobile phone. The plan is nice, 1000 minutes for $39.99/month, but they failed to say taxes would total 33% of the account.

I was also late on a payment. Why? I disputed charges that weren't supposed to be there. They finally removed these charges after 3 weeks of emails and 4 telephone calls.

The $20 late fee stays though. PERIOD! They say I should have paid the disputed bill, and it is "assumed" (As*-out-of-U & Me) that I had accepted the late fee by not protesting it earlier. So far customer service has been horrible!

My regret is getting them in the first place. I am now stuck there for another 22 months, paying good money to a 50th rate firm on a scale 10. Yep, T-Mobile makes magnificent claims of wonderful service, good prices, and other "nice" stuff, but when it come to fulfilling these claims. Forget it, won't happen Charlie.

They only thing they give is more grief than they are worth.

Nice, typical, greed based company. What ever happened to ethics and morality in this country?

Newmarket, New Hampshire

Tmobile - Charged for misunderstanding terms

I made the big mistake of signing up for what I thought was a one-time 29.99 charge to use a T-mobile wireless service in an airport. Unfortunately I missed that this was a monthly charge for a year. When I called the company they were rude and charged me $100 to get out of a service I have only used once. I will never use or have any dealings with this company ever again. I asked the service manager if I was the only one who ever misunderstood the terms and she admitted I was not, but they would hold me to the terms unless I paid the $100 fee. I felt like I was being blackmailed.

I misunderstood the speed limit sign in my neighborhood. Funny, because I still got a ticket. Let's march to the BBB together to rise up!

You admited that you did not understand what you were signing up for. If you flat out say this is a subscription for a year, then that is exactly what it means.

They weren't lying- you just weren't paying attention. I'm not sure how true this can even be honestly because T-mobile has had the 200 early termination fee for quite some time (years!)- not $100!!!!

Ahhh yes, and they didn't even have to buy you a drink. javascript:ac_smilie(':(')

State College, Pennsylvania

Tmobile - I am not in T-Mobile Service Area

I was sold a trio of T-Mobile phones. When the phones did not work in our home or office or in between, I went to their company store to complain. According to their website, we have "level one" (the weakest) signal strength (pale light green on the website). In practice however, we get NO SERVICE at our home, office (2.2miles away) or anywhere in between. We get exceptional service when out of town (rare). We went to Japan and asked about coverage there.... they explained that they would have to set us up for international roaming.... when we landed, NO SERVICE! After calling back stateside (odd local hour, great expense) we learned that there is NO SERVICE in JAPAN! Additionally, we complained in front of a slew of young Marines who confirmed the same thing... they were told that they would have service but found none upon arrival. I terminated our contract the T-Mobile. They failed to provide us with service. Now they want to charge us a 200/line fee to terminate. Bunk! Now they will take us to collections! I want to stand in front of a judge and jury!

*** :x

You just got the wrong person at T-Mobile, I had the exact same problem. They just had me show proof of my address by a electric bill or any other utility to show I do live there and I have no service. The removed my cancellation fees and I had to get verizon that is in my area

View more comments (1)
Merced, California

TMobile

dropped calls - missing business calls -Signal in my apt is 0 - Most of the time all I see is a T & no bars beyond . Happens outdoors, too , but not as frequent. Many times I don't hear telephone ring and low and behold I have a new message ! ? This is quite frustrating. I understand this happens (the world of cellular phone), happens TOO much, too often. Sick of it. CALL FAILED. I am totally dissatisfied with the company and all the hype. Not at all what expected. Someone from T-Mobile continues to call me at least (not this wk)once a wk stating my statement is overdue. It's not! The call is not traceable. Does not show up on phone nor under MY T-Mobile website. Call is received when I'm on another line. Ridiculous and has invaded my privacy. Contacted Cust svc 1 mo ago & several wks ago-no response to date (1/24/08)

i was told tmobile sony ericson gc89 internet card would allow me to receive internet off satelites-whatta pipe dream! custiomer service is a joke with 45 minute waiting time each time i called. i cancelled the tmobile service bit tmobile kept charging me untill i finally had to cancel my account at the bank as they would not stop taking my money each month.eventually i spent over 30 hours and was promised refund and never got refund-im out over 500 dollars and i think tmobile is a SCAM

San Diego, California

Tmobile - T-Mob bka T-Mobile

Long story short, Yes, this past year I have had high bills and really have had to utilize payment plans. Recently, I called to make payment arrangements to avoid suspension. On 12/2008 I set up an arrangement for account withdrawal, it did not happen. I called Tmobile and inquired. Rep told me it was not going to happen, I needed to make a payment using my VISA. Angry and upset not understainding why they told me one thing and did another, I eventually made a VISA payment on January 3. Rep on 1/3/08 informed me after making the payment to call back on the 10th to make another arrangemnt for the remaining balance. On the 10th I did just that. The representative once again took my account information and with no problem processed the payment of $10.00. The next day I received a T-Mobile TEXT. I called back to find out that this payment was not going to be withdrawn either and that same day my phone was suspended. I have suffered mentally and physically because this is what i depend on. I have been treated differently for some strange reason. I do plan to go further with this claim. I am a single parent with no one else.

keep in mind that tmo offers payment arrangements as a COURTESY and NOT a requirement!! u wanna continue with a claim on a bill U couldnt pay on time, tmo sure did give u UR service on time.

come on now people!!

get real. :cry

T-Mobile financial care is actually really awesome. They do whatever they can to help prevent accounts from being suspended/cancelled.

If you received a text message from T-Mobile it would have been to inform you that your payment had backed out- or other wise returned unpaid because the card was denied.

This could have resulted because of insufficient funds, wrong card number etc. Point is, Tmobile will not text you to say they are not taking the payment for you, they text you as a courtesy to let you know for one reason or another your card was declined and to ask you to make a payment asap to prevent suspension.

baysneutron

No good!

Hernando, Mississippi
Product
Tmobile Account

Tmobile - T-Mobile Is Not Right

I had problems with my bill. I spoke to a rep on 01/06/2008 who told me to look at my bill and see why I was charged overages. I was charged for T-Mobile to T-Mobile calls and Favorite 5 calls also. All of this was suppose to be included in the package that I had changed and updated in May of 2007. I was told to call back once my research was done so credit could be placed. All I got was rudeness from Corporate and customer service and still an outstanding balance. Not right all.
Bothell, Washington

Tmobile - T-Mobile

This is the worse company I have deal with. I bought a blackberry curve and I was able to use MSN Instant messenger at not extra cost. Now T-mobile will not allow me to use this service claiming that I need internet access. I have tried to get some documentation from them explaining how I was able to use IM before without internet access. I'm still waiting. In several ocassions I had problems accessing IM but they fixed itm now they refuse to help me. Don't buy anything from them and if your contract is about to expired run as far as you can. Juan Carlos Gonzalez
Austin, Texas
Tmobile Deal

Tmobile - T Mobile Devil

T-Mobile is so crude it seems they don't need to satisfy their customers anymore they'll just make you pay for a service that they are incapable of providing. What really hurts is that they truly don't care about how much money you spend buying one of their products they got that money already. The next thing is to see how much more money they can get! I hate t mobile. I called Lucea in customer relations who just kept answering the phone but wouldn't say anything so I called from a different # and she picks up finally shocked that it was me I just called a dumb ... !!!!
Chicago, Illinois
Tmobile Phone Service

Tmobile - T-MOBILE sucks!!!!!

T-mobile charged me for early termination fee for something that should not be charged....called several times , was given the run-around and I ended up with no cell phone, was charged with $200 fee and a high blood pressure from being upset with their service. T-mobile has good looking phones but their service is bad. Cannot get service on places/locations up on the mountains. Their sales department and customer care departments do not know what the other is doing. No coordination and not willing to please....i don't think that is good customer service. DO NOT GET T-MOBILE.....too many dropped calls too!!
Los Angeles, California
Tmobile Customer Care

Tmobile Sidekick

The service for the sidekick is really bad. It had been known to delete the entire address book, but when you call Tmobile they always say that they are working on it. There have been times when the phone just stops working all together. You have to use someone else's phone just to call tmobile to complain. I also know about the problems with charging the phones. Friend of mine has his phone on charge all night, but when they get up in the mornign the phone goes dead or says low battery. Ridiculous! I hate T-Mobile. I should go back to Sprint. After this contract I am never messing with Tmobile ever again. PISSED LIKE ALWAYS
Miami, Florida

Tmobile - T-Mobile Blackberry Pearl

It is ridiculous how bad the service is with tmobile. Everything that can go wrong with the phone will go wrong. With my blackberry I had issues with the lighting. The phone one day just went dim on the left side. I sent it back and got another phone. Then I had more problems. The menu now only shows icons as oppossed to icons with names. Now I have been noticing that my text messages and call log has been erasing by itself. Then tmobile blames you like you created the phone. They should go out of business because they suck! PISSED :(
#81991

go to "options" then "status" if your free memory shows 0% then thats the reason texts and logs are erasing. theres not enough memory. once you free up some memory your messages and logs shouldnt erase.

#20646

:cry, Maybe you should contact RIM the manufacturer of the Blackberry. T-Mobile just provides the cell service on the phone, they don't manufacture the phone.

:roll No phone company can back a phone the consumer screws up after it leaves the store..... do you blame your cable company for your tv not working properly?

Miami, Florida
Tmobile Phone Service
Me and my Fiance got a joint T-Mobile account in June 2006, because I orginally had Verizon and thought their service was terrible. Boy was I wrong. I should have stayed with Verizon. On the day our warranty for my phone ran out it immediately started acting up. I...

Tmobile is better known as TMOB....they are crooks and are out to make a buck. What the ______.

View more comments